[Syrphidae] Re: Identification query

Jeroen van Steenis j.van.steenis at xmsnet.nl
Thu Jan 30 17:42:43 GMT 2020

Dear Gerard

They must be Brachypalpus and closest is chrysites or zugmayeriae. The
metafemur is too slender for chrysites and the pile is too orange. I do not
know the other one.
I am sure it is not the female of the undescribed species from Serbia.
would be nice to get hold of males too.

There is a picture of the male of zugmayeriae in Mutin & Ichige 2018.

Best wishes,

Jeroen