[Syrphidae] Identification query

Gerard Pennards gerard_pennards at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:28:31 GMT 2020

Dear all,
I have a identification query for you and I hope someone can help me.
I have added two links, one from a biodiversity website in Georgia, and the other from a Russian Macro photos website.
Both pictures come from the Northern Caucasus, one picture from Northern Georgia which is called Cheilosia illustrate but it's clearly not. See link: http://biodiversity-georgia.net/index.php?taxon=Cheilosia%20illustrata
The other one is from a Russian photo website and was not identified. It is the same species as the Georgian one I think, but it's a strange species. See link:  http://macroclub.ru/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/238361/cat/512
My idea is that it should be the female of Brachypalpus chrysites, but it doesn't look like the normal yellow haired form. Also there seem to be some differences in pilosity, and other features.
Has someone encountered these before? I have asked some people who had been in Georgia, but a species like this was not seen.
Thanks in advance, greetings,
Gerard