[Syrphidae] Re: Cheilosia with strange things growing on face

Rodgeir K-son hermelin10 at outlook.com
Wed Aug 12 12:18:27 BST 2020

Hello

One of our most specialized orchid flower, Ophrys insectifera, only attracts “Grabwespen” males of the genera Gorytes and Argogorytes for its pollination.
The”Grapwespen” can then be seen flying with these 'pollines' in their face. Just a wonderful evolutionary “right fit!”

Roger Karlsson
Sweden
Skickades från E-post<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> för Windows 10