[Syrphidae] Ocyptamus diversifasciatus

philippe sagot sagot.philippe at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 16 13:51:45 BST 2012

hi,

I would like to submit this female of Ocyptamus that I collected in Chiapas (14 june 2012) .

if it is O.diversifasciatus, after cheking Systema Dipterorum, this Syrphide would be very far from its Neartic range (about 1500 miles Southeast).
We've already, with Christian Thompson, found Syrphide from Chiapas far South from there known range but never such a big jump !

Thanks for your help.

Philippe

ippe

Philippe