[Syrphidae] reply

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 12:23:45 BST 2010

Hi Mike,

I assume you know the following reference?

Dusek, J. & P. Laska 1974. Overwintering and spring emergence of some
common species of aphidophagous syrphids (Syrphidae, Diptera). - Folia
Facultatis Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Purkynianae Brunensis
(Biologia) 15: 71-75.

They present some data on the the influence of temperature on the
development of species of Eupeodes, Syrphus, Sphaerophoria and
Platycheirus.

Cheers,

Menno