[Syrphidae] Generic Identification Help Needed

jopagr at comcast.net jopagr at comcast.net
Mon May 25 23:04:02 BST 2009

Dear Santos:

Yesterday another colleague had guided me to the Coccinellidae after I expressed a doubt as to its being a syrphid.  I did find an image of Cryptolaemus montrouzieri and felt compelled to consider my bug as identified until you pointed out the genus "Scymnus or close."  I now realize that there are apparently several species (and possibly other genera) in the Scymnini that could represent what I photographed.  Thanks for  your very kind effort in enlarging my view!

Sincerely,

John Graham

jopagr at comcast.net