[Syrphidae] Longest Syrphidae tongue?

Bastiaan bwakkie at syrphidae.com
Thu Nov 22 22:40:29 GMT 2007

Hi again,

There reached an other interesting Syrphidae question my email box where
I can't answer right away. Somebody knows this by any change?

regards,

Bastiaan

Here is the origional question:
--------
Hope you don't mind me asking this rather unprofessional question ?

I have just been watching a programme ' The Life of Plants' by David
Attenborough & he was showing a Hoverfly feeding on Nectar from some
Iris's  in S. Africa, apparently this particular Hoverfly has the
longest tongue of its kind but its name wasn't mentioned ?

Would you be able to tell me the name of this please as I could think of
nowhere else to try ???

Many thanks for your time in advance
--------