[Syrphidae] 2nd International Meeting

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert@nottingham.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:56:44 +0000

Dear All,

Thanks for all the replies to our recent notice about holding a syrphid
workshop in Alicante in 2003.The syrphidologist team from the Centro
Iberoamericano de la Biodiversidad (CIBIO) of the Alicante University
(Spain) are pleased to announce the Second International Symposium on
the Syrphidae. This event will be in Alicante (Spain), on June 16th -
19th (2003)

Sessions will take place in the Universitary Campus (San Vicente del
Raspeig), seven kilometers from the city of Alicante, where there are =
suitable=20
rooms for workshops, posters, and lectures, as well as restaurants,=20
banks and others facilities. This should mean we have nice conditions and =
a pleasant setting.

The program will include scientific sessions and plenary lectures,
during the three days of the symposium devoted to selected topics. On the =
final
day there will be an organized excursion to the Natural Park of the
Albufera (Valencia), 180 km from Alicante. One optional post-congress trip =
is also being organized.

The organization team would like to thank to all pre-registered participant=
s for their suggestions.

We ask you to visit the Symposium s website [www.syrphidae.ua.es]=20
repeatedly; the information will be updated as changes  occur!!

Please make this notice available to syrphidologists not using the
syrphid noticeboard.  See you in Alicante!

We will be in touch later with more details.

All best wishes,

M. Angeles Marcos-Garcia, Santos Rojo & Celeste Perez-Banon

Dr Francis Gilbert
School of Life & Environmental Sciences
Nottingham University, Nottingham NG72RD, UK
Tel 0115-951-3215 Fax 3251

Syrphid Biology Website http://ibis.nott.ac.uk/~plzfg/syrphweb.html