[Syrphidae] WG: Scientific help

Thomas Moertelmaier syrphtom@aon.at
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:34:21 +0100

Maybe someone subscrbed to the list is able to provide the help asked
for...
Regards

MOE

=20

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Randhir Singh Bisht [mailto:rsbishtento@rediffmail.com]=20
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Dezember 2002 16:51
An: syrphtom@aon.at
Betreff: Scientific help

Department of Zoology (High Altitude Ento. Res. Lab.) H.N.B.Garhwal
University

                       Badshahi thaul Campus, Tehri Garhwal- 249199
(Uttranchal)

Dr. R. S. Bisht
Ph.  01376-32116 (O)
Professor & Head
01376-32303 (R)
=20
E-mail randhirsingh@sancharnet.in=20
=20
rsbishtento@rediffmail.com     =20

Ref.Zool/Identi/ syr/51/12 /2002
Dated 12th Of Dec.2002

To,
Thomas Moertelmaier=20
Neue Heimat 1a/1=20
A-5280 Braunau=20
Austria=20
Phone&Fax:+43/(0)664-2113134=20
e-mail:syrphtom@aon.at=20

           Dear  Entomologist,
 =20
                              Firstly ,I would  also  like to introduce
myself, as I=92m working  on " TAXO - ECOLOGICAL AND BIOLOGICAL STUDY OF
PREDATORS AND PARASITES OF APHIDS IN GARHWAL HILLS=94. in  India.

In regards to this, I have collected some adults of hymenopteran aphid
parasites from this region . All the specimens are yet to be identified.

I have also collected few species of Syrphid fly predating on aphids and
hymenopteran parasites of Syrphid flies from this region. All the
specimens are due for the authentic identification.

Meanwhile, I=92m  facing difficulty in identifying all these specimens. =
So
It would be my privilege if you can extend your scientific help by
providing information=92s , guidelines and  scientific help as well, by
sparing some of  your precious time so that the specimens could  be
identified .

On hearing from you I will send the mounted slides/dry specimens to you
in a small lot.=20

Thanking you in  anticipation and best regards.

Sincerely yours=92
.

(Randhir Singh Bisht)

Address for correspondence:
C-36 Professors Colony,Badshahithaul,
New Tehri (Garhwal)
Tehri Garhwal- 249199 (Uttranchal), INDIA.
Email-  rsbishtento@rediffmail.com

=20