[Syrphidae] Episyrphus balteatus in Europe 2001

Matthew Sullivan m.sullivan@mmu.ac.uk
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:53:27 +0000

One of the factors influencing gene-flow within Europe might be migration,
and knowledge of the timing of first appearance of this species across Europe
might shed some light on migration patterns.<br>
I would therefore like to recruit some assistance in a little data collection,
using the facility of this email distribution list. An e-experiment!<br>
The data should include at least the date and latitude and longitude of the
sighting.&nbsp; Additional data might include numbers, sexes, temperature and
any notes on behaviour or habitat.<br>
I will collate the information and present it approximately monthly on the
'Register of Syrphid Biologists' web site.&nbsp; All contributors will be fully
acknowledged.<br>
I am happy to receive suggestions from everyone about how to improve these data.<br>
In the meantime,<br>
Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year to you all!<br>
Matthew Sullivan<br>
<pre class="moz-signature">--
Dr Matthew S. Sullivan
Behavioural and Environmental Biology