[Public-engagement] ESRC Festival of Social Sciences, call for expressions of interest, deadline Friday 1 July

Amy Hawksworth Amy.Hawksworth at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 09:15:18 BST 2022

Dear colleagues,

We're delighted to be once again taking part in the ESRC's Festival of Social Sciences. More details on the festival can be found on their website: https://festivalofsocialscience.com/about/ and more information on this year's festival in particular can be found in the Festival Leader's Pack which can be found here: https://uniofnottm.sharepoint.com/sites/Institute/SitePages/News-and-Events.aspx Taking part in this festival will provide you with:

*         An opportunity to share your social science research with a broad range of non-academic audiences and expand your portfolio of impact and knowledge exchange activities

*         Marketing support, with your event being advertised at a local and national level

*         The opportunity to be part of a national, established festival

*         Evaluation support to measure the success of your event

*         Funding of up to £1000 for each event

This year, the festival will take place between 22 October - 13 November, with all events taking place within this timeframe. The festival's theme is "my local area" and events should link to this theme where possible, but this is not mandatory and we invite applications for events on any theme relating to the social sciences from across the University. However, all events MUST be aimed at a public audience. An expression of interest should be submitted using the following form before midnight on Friday 1 July. https://forms.office.com/r/hQ0gis1cTW Applicants will be informed of the outcome by Friday 8 July.

Should you have any questions about the festival or your application, please get in touch with your faculty or school knowledge exchange and impact (KEI) staff or, if you're unsure of who to speak to, please contact  amy.hawksworth at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:amy.hawksworth at nottingham.ac.uk> who will be able to help.

Many thanks,

Amy Hawksworth

Programme and Project Manager (Public Engagement)
Twitter.com/UoN_Institute<https://twitter.com/UoN_Institute>
Instagram.com/uon_institute<https://www.instagram.com/uon_institute/>
nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement/home.aspx>

Institute for Policy and Engagement

A03, Highfield House

University of Nottingham

University Park

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

My working days are Tuesday to Thursday

University of Nottingham colleagues can stay up to date with public engagement news by signing up to our internal newsletter here<http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/public-engagement>, our MS Teams channel here<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3aVcWOQIUi5Ulq6waIp1VChf8aaDrjxVFWf9CsnN4rnhw1%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=9e6f5a20-e5a3-44be-b8a5-1a883f8bb06c&tenantId=67bda7ee-fd80-41ef-ac91-358418290a1e> and policy news by signing up to our internal newsletter here<http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/publicpolicy>. If you are external to the University, please sign up to our external newsletter here.<https://app.zubo.co.uk/h/r/352B8142151C2B792540EF23F30FEDED>

[cid:ede6df8e-c90d-4631-9f07-c74447143ac5]