[Public-engagement] Nottingham Engaged - Pecha Kucha sessions

Br-The-Institute theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 29 10:51:43 BST 2019

Do you have an inspiring story to share with colleagues about policy impact or public engagement?

Can you tell it in a few minutes?

The Institute for Policy and Engagement's annual conference, Nottingham Engaged, is approaching on 17 September. Due to its success last year, we are looking for some shining examples of Nottingham's amazing policy and public engagement work to form the basis of a mini pecha kucha session during the opening plenary.

Mini pecha kucha is a presentation format designed to keep things short and snappy. You're allowed a maximum of ten slides, and each slide automatically changes to the next after 20 seconds. Therefore you need to be concise, but you can also be much more confident of keeping your audience engaged.

If you think you have a story you might want to tell at the conference, email the Institute<mailto:theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk> and tell us about it. In particular, we're keen to know what you're most proud of and what you think the key learning points will be for your colleagues.

We're taking submissions until Friday 28 June. We only have a few spaces available though, so it's up to you to grab our attention. It's open to anyone working on policy or public engagement work, whether you're an established academic, an early career researcher, working towards your PhD or supporting academics with this work.

If you have any questions about the session, or about the conference in general, just email us and ask. We'll let you know if you've been successful by mid-July.

Best wishes

Charlotte

Charlotte Lee
Administrator and Executive Assistant