[Public-engagement] REGISTRATION OPEN: Sign up now for Nottingham Engaged 2019 on 17 September

Stephen Meek Stephen.Meek at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 14:38:27 BST 2019

Dear All

I'm pleased to announce that registration for Nottingham Engaged 2019, our annual internal conference on policy impact and public engagement, is now open. This year's theme is 'Celebrate and Aspire': we are celebrating both the founding of the Institute for Policy and Engagement and the many examples of excellent work taking place across the university, and we hope to inspire you raise your aspirations even further.

This one-day event will be packed with opportunities to gain new skills, knowledge and inspiration for your policy and public engagement activities, whether you're new to the area or an old hand.

Our keynote speaker will be James Kirkup, Director of the Social Market Foundation and former Executive Editor at the Telegraph. As well as hearing from James, you will have the chance to:

  *   Be inspired by examples of good practice through our regular PechaKucha showcase
  *   Hear from both UoN colleagues and external experts on a range of topics through our extensive range of breakout sessions
  *   Celebrate colleagues' achievements (or your own) at our policy and public engagement awards

The conference takes place on Tuesday 17 September 2019 in the Trent Building. Refreshments will be provided.

Please follow this link<https://nottingham-engaged-2019.eventbrite.co.uk/> to register. Spaces are limited so do book early.

The full list of breakout sessions will follow in August, at which point those who have registered for the conference will have the opportunity to sign up for individual breakout sessions.

I hope to see you on 17 September.

Best wishes

Stephen

Stephen Meek
Director of the Institute for Policy and Engagement

If this email has been sent outside your normal working hours then please do not feel obliged to respond until your next working day

For queries, meetings etc:
Charlotte Lee
Executive Assistant
+44 (0) 115 74 87401