[Public-engagement] Out Thinkers Nottingham

Matthew Young Matthew.Young at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 13:43:30 GMT 2019

Hi all,

I’m running an event next Monday 18th Feb, 18:30-21:00 at The Angel Microbrewery, called Out Thinkers.

It’s a public engagement event aimed at showcasing LGBT+ researchers. It’s part of UoN’s LGBT+ History Month events as well as being part of the Festival of Science & Curiosity, and we’ve got some great volunteers from UoN on the line-up.

I’d really appreciate any help in spreading the word across any external facing networks. Where the event has run previously, there’s typically a good number of staff & students who attend because of the context of the event, so please feel free to share details internally too.

EVENT BRITE: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pride-in-stem-nottingham-out-thinkers-tickets-55026773561
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/2214794405443215/

While I’m here, I’ll plug this second event. Not really a public engagement event, but another addition to the internal LGBT+ History Month programme is this informal lecture next Wednesday 20th Feb, which may be of interest to some.
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/home/featureevents/2019/queer-in-stem-why-lgbt-diversity-matters.aspx

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Young
BBSRC DTP PhD Researcher in Neuroscience
Coordinator, STEM-ON
Trustee, Pride in STEM
Pronouns: He/Him

D61, Medical School
Queen’s Medical Centre
University of Nottingam
Nottingham
NG7 2RD

t: +44 (0)7825604556 | w: nottingham.ac.uk<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/life-sciences/people/matthew.young>
    [signature_1235781187] [signature_259912126]