[Public-engagement] Wonder at RiversideFestival - August 3-5 2018

Madalina Stalniceanu Madalina.Stalniceanu at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 12:37:03 BST 2018

Message sent on behalf of Clare Anderton - *Apologies for any cross posting*

Dear Colleagues

We are delighted to inform you of an opportunity that has arisen to be involved in Wonder at RiversideFestival. We have completed an application form to Markets and Fairs at the Council to have a marquee at the popular annual festival on the Embankment, Nottingham.

The Riverside Festival is Nottingham's biggest free festival weekend offering three days of family entertainment. It is a unique and fun festival covering one mile along the banks of the River Trent, at Victoria Embankment, adjacent to Trent Bridge and will provide an excellent opportunity to gain evidence for REF in terms of Impact. It is also obviously an excellent opportunity to showcase the diverse and dynamic nature of the University and the work we do.

We are still waiting to hear if we have been successful, however due to time constraints we would like you to register your interest in holding an activity (this will be considered a commitment) on either Friday 3, Saturday 4 or Sunday 5 August 2018.

Please select as many dates in the form as you possibly can, this would be greatly appreciated. Please bear in mind you are committing to the whole time slot for that day, therefore your activities have to be drop in.  Time slots are:

*         Friday 3 August 17:00-21:30

*         Saturday 4 August 11:00-17:00

*         Sunday 5 August 11:00-18:00

(1 hour set up time has been included in this)

There are a few things you need to consider before completing the form, please see bullet points below:

1.     The marquee will fit a maximum of 10 activities (each day) based on them all being 4m x 2m. You can apply for a double space if you wish, but not more than that.

2.     Selection of activities will generally be made on a first come, first served basis, however if there is anything we particularly feel reflects the University in a good light and/or showcases how exciting our work is - these activities are likely to be successful.

For those of you who were involved in Wonder 2017 we asked you to try and reflect the look and feel of the new brand in your activity ideas - activities were encouraged to:

*         Inspire, excite and engage audiences
*         Be compelling and memorable
*         Tell stories
*         Help us to stand out from our competitors
*         Be intriguing, interesting and quirky
*         Showcase the University and its diversity

3.     We will need activities that appeal to adults and children - on Friday especially the audience are likely to be older.

4.     Each activity needs to be manned by staff and/or students recruited by the department. Events/WP will enlist extra help for general duties.

5.     We will provide a voucher to spend on catering facilities or reimburse expenses and provide plenty of water.

6.     No naked flames or gas canisters are to be used as part of your activities.

7.     Each 4 x 2m space will fit 2 x trestle tables and 4 chairs plus 1 pin board if needed.

8.     The Deadline for application is Monday 25 June @ 12 noon.

Link to application form below:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=7qe9Z4D970GskTWEGCkKHgWsTa-3dNZOnfVtHzGcbvRURUY0Q0tTWkY0OFlCQ0xVWEsyU1daUDFWOS4u

I look forward to receiving your applications.

Many thanks and best wishes
Clare

Clare Anderton
Event Manager