[Public-engagement] Fwd: London SciComm Symposium - 15th June 2018

Alex Miles Alex.Miles at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 17:46:25 BST 2018

This looks ace!

Best wishes

Alex Miles
Deputy Director of Communications, Advocacy and Global Affairs

Interim Director, University of Nottingham Institute for Policy and Public Engagement

Chair, CASE Europe Annual Conference 2018-19<http://www.case.org/CEAC18.html>

Media Team, Internal Communications and the Political and Public Affairs Unit<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/communicationsmarketing/teams/public-affairs/index.aspx>
External Relations<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/communicationsmarketing/index.aspx>, Pope Building
University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD
t: +44 (0) 7917115197<tel:+44%207917115197> | w: http://www.nottingham<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/government-relations>.ac.uk/about/government-relations<http://ac.uk/about/government-relations>
Twitter: @alextomiles
WeChat ID: alextomiles85
Executive Support: Jenny Stevenson,jenny.stevenson at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:jenny.stevenson at nottingham.ac.uk>

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kimberley Freeman <kimberley.anne.freeman at GMAIL.COM<mailto:kimberley.anne.freeman at GMAIL.COM>>
Date: 26 April 2018 at 17:09:17 BST
To: <NCCPE-PEN at JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:NCCPE-PEN at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>>
Subject: London SciComm Symposium - 15th June 2018

Hello!

In September 2015 we started the London SciComm Socials as a chance for science communicators* from across London to get together. In April 2016 we held our first Symposium, in May 2017 we built on that with our second event, and in June 2018 we’re doing it again. This time it’s bigger and better than ever!

(* We’ve met scientists, teachers, learned society staff, coordinators of public engagement in universities, TV presenters, marketers, writers, performers, comedians, press officers, scicomm students, bloggers, historians of science, museum folk and we want to meet even more people!)

On Friday 15th June we want to provide another chance for people across the sector to share their work and ideas, to identify themes that link us together, establish projects that combine our expertise and of course to network efficiently.

You can find out more about the event and book a place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-scicomm-symposium-2018-tickets-45031721090

In contrast to many other science communication and public engagement conferences, tickets to our symposium are free, but to book a place, we ask people to donate at least £10 to charity. All the money we collect will go to Sands: Stillbirth and neonatal death charity.

You can find out more about past events here: www.londonsci.com<http://www.londonsci.com>

This year we also have some extra training sessions organised as part of the programme: https://londonscicomm.wordpress.com/scicomm-symposium-week/upcoming-events/

Please do join us if you can, and please tell anyone who you think would be interested.

Thank you,

Kimberley Freeman.

Kimberley Freeman | Executive Officer for Public Engagement and Manager, Centre for Public Engagement

Centre for Public Engagement
Office of the Principal
Queen Mary University of London

T: +44 (0) 207 882 7742
E: k.freeman at qmul.ac.uk<mailto:k.freeman at qmul.ac.uk>
CB100, Queens’ Building, 327 Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/publicengagement/
@engageqm<http://bit.ly/engageqm>

The Centre for Public Engagement<http://bit.ly/CPEhome> provides advice, training and support to projects and activities that involve the public with Queen Mary and our research and teaching. We give advice in seeking and applying for external funding, and can discuss how to get started, design an activity or maximise its impact through one-to-one support, training<http://bit.ly/cpetraining> and regular advice surgery<http://bit.ly/qmcpesurgeries> drop-in sessions. Our monthly small funding<http://bit.ly/cpefunding> rounds also provide up to £1,000 for Queen Mary public engagement projects.