[Maths-Education] Request for support in circulating primary curriculum resources survey

Rachel Marks R.G.Marks at brighton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 19:12:59 GMT 2021

Dear all,

You may be aware that a group of us at the University of Brighton are currently working on a Nuffield funded project (Grant reference number: EDO /FR-000022614) aimed at mapping the current range and use of mathematics curriculum resources in primary mathematics in England.

For the purpose of the project, we are defining curriculum resources as the printed, online and hybrid resources teachers use to structure and resource their mathematics teaching, such as White Rose, Abacus, and Times Table Rock Stars (to name but a few – we are currently aware of 64 different resources!). We are also interested in where DfE approved textbooks (Maths – No Problem! and Power Maths) fit into the picture.

We have invited all state-maintained primary schools (and schools covering some of the primary ages) in England to complete a survey. We had an initial flurry of responses but would like to increase our response rate. If you happen to be working in or have links with primary schools (or mathematics subject leads) we would really appreciate you sharing our survey link with them.

You can access the survey here: https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/curriculum-resources-in-primary-maths   The survey will be live until Friday 28th January 2022.

As a thank-you for completing our survey, participants will have the option to enter a prize draw to win one of 25 £100 national book tokens (perfect for the New Year sales!).

Thanks and kind regards,

Rachel Marks, Nancy Barclay & Alison Barnes

Dr Rachel Marks
Principal Lecturer in Mathematics Education
https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/persons/rachel-marks

PGCE Primary Year Lead (Academic)
School of Education Learning & Teaching Co-Lead
Teaching, Learning & Professional Lives (TLPL) Research & Enterprise Group Co-Lead

Principal Investigator: 'The prevalence and use of textbooks and curriculum resources in primary mathematics' (Nuffield Foundation EDO/FR-000022614) - See our Website here<https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/mathsresources/>.

Are you a Maths Lead in a state-maintained (inc. academies & free schools) school with primary-aged pupils (inc. infant, junior, first, middle and all-through) in England? If so, please consider completing our survey and possibly winning yourself £100! You can access our survey <https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/curriculum-resources-in-primary-maths> here<https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/curriculum-resources-in-primary-maths>.