[Maths-Education] Teaching Mathematics and its Applications Call for Abstracts

Cathy.Smith cathy.smith at open.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 15:35:26 BST 2020

Dear colleagues;
We are delighted to announce a Special Issue Restarting the New Normal at Teaching Mathematics and its Applications, guest-edited by  Claire Cornock, Ciarán Mac an Bhaird, Jonathan Gillard with Cathy Smith.
Restarting the New Normal concerns the effects of COVID-related restrictions on post-16 mathematics teaching. The aim of the journal is to exchange ideas and experiences which contribute to the improvement of mathematics teaching and learning for students from upper secondary/high school level through to university. The deadline for submissions is February 2021, and we aim to publish in late 2021.
We are seeking papers in the following areas particularly:
•	Research into approaches to teaching mathematics to the COVID-affected cohorts
•	Research into the needs of mathematics learners in the COVID-affected cohorts
•	Research into distance learning of mathematics at undergraduate/advanced secondary level
Examples could include: student engagement, student interaction, remote learning, mathematics support services, professional development of teachers of advanced mathematics, etc.
We will also consider articles on other topics related to the impact on mathematics learning and teaching of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Further details are available from https://academic.oup.com/teamat/pages/call-for-papers-restarting-the-new-normal. A Call for Papers is attached to this message.

Best wishes
Cathy Smith (Open University),  Claire Cornock (Sheffield Hallam University, England), Ciarán Mac an Bhaird (Maynooth University, Ireland), Jonathan Gillard (Cardiff University, Wales)

Dr Cathy Smith
Mathematics Education
School of Maths and Statistics
Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
The Open University,
Walton Hall,  Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Tel: 01908  659707