[Maths-Education] Seminar - Developing Pedagogy for Advanced Mathematics April 2017

Smith, Cathy cathy.smith at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 19:17:56 BST 2017

Following last year's 'Developing Pedagogy in Advanced Mathematics' meeting,  you are invited to a second day conference for mathematics ITE leaders and researchers focussing on preparation for teaching A-level or Core Mathematics. This takes place on 26th April in London hosted by UCL Institute of Education.

This conference is an opportunity to discuss principles and share practice in an area of teacher education that may be neglected, given the usual focus on reaching the standards in KS3/4. We hope it will be of  interest to teacher educators, researchers and mentors  in all training routes.

Jennie Golding, Nicola Bretscher and I from UCL IOE will present our recent work on developing pedagogic key messages for A-level teaching and comparing online and face-to-face modes of early career teacher education.   The day will include discussion of different approaches to teacher preparation for post-16, and we are keen for varied contributions from others.

If you'd like to find out more and share your own expertise/research in this area, there is full information on the attached flier for the day conference + details of how to register. Registration is free and travel grants are available.  You can register on https://goo.gl/forms/x9pHQrSXDgfow8Ls2<https://goo.gl/forms/x9pHQrSXDgfow8Ls2%20>.

Best wishes    Cathy Smith

MA Programme Leader (Mathematics Education)
UCL Institute of Education 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL
T: 0207 911 5407 or 07977 098 223
Email: cathy.smith at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:cathy.smith at ucl.ac.uk>
https://iris.ucl.ac.uk/iris/browse/profile?upi=CASMI82

Want to find out about our free AMTEC courses for early career mathematics teachers, all about  preparing to teach A-level.  See
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/lifelearning/courses/advanced-mathematics-teaching-early-career

[http://ioe-net.inst.ioe.ac.uk/doccentre/ExternalRelations1/IoE_286CP_outline_landscape.png]