[Maths-Education] PhD Studentships at Sheffield Hallam University

Adams, Gill G.Adams at shu.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 10:29:43 BST 2014

Please see information below.  The areas covered include mathematics education.

Sheffield Hallam University are offering up to 40 fully funded scholarships to study PhDs within our internationally excellent, world leading and emerging areas of research. This is part of our strategic plan to invest in high-achieving students, integrate research with teaching and increase engagement with businesses, the professions and other partners.  The scholarships include UK/EU tuition fees and a maintenance bursary for three years of full-time study, commencing September 2014. The bursary will be paid at the Research Council UK national rate of £13,863 for 2014/15.

The types of scholarships available

  1.  Scholarships awarded by faculties in Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) and Graduate Tutor (GT) schemes, designed to develop the next generation of academics. Award holders complete PhD research and have the opportunity to gain experience in university teaching.
  2.  Scholarships awarded by the Vice-Chancellor and aligned with institutional research strategic goals.
The deadline for all applications is 6 May 2014. Visit our website.  Visit our website<https://netcommunity.shu.ac.uk/page.redir?target=http%3a%2f%2fwww.shu.ac.uk%2fstudentships&srcid=49251&srctid=1&erid=2874586&trid=5963ca61-a696-4fe0-869e-5a868b5697f6> for details for details of the scholarships on offer in your academic discipline, how to apply and eligibility criteria.

Professor Hilary Povey
Mathematics Education Centre, Sheffield Hallam University
City Campus, Sheffield S1 1WB
tel +44 114 225 6017 h.povey at shu.ac.uk<mailto:h.povey at shu.ac.uk>