[Maths-Education] New: "World Cup Soccer and Basketry Worldwide"

Paulus Gerdes paulus.gerdes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 08:45:26 BST 2014

Dear friends and colleagues,

I have the honor to announce the publication of the English language
edition of my book for children entitled
"World Cup Soccer and Basketry Worldwide"
(ISTEG-University, Boane, 2014, 76 pp., in color), originally
published in Portuguese.

Both the printed and the eBook edition are distributed internationally
by Lulu (www.lulu.com/spotlight/pgerdes). The eBook edition may be
downloaded for free.

In this booklet “World Cup Soccer and Basketry Worldwide” we will talk
about a passion that people share all over the world, from Brazil and
Mozambique to Great Britain and the USA. This passion is soccer. Or
better yet, in this booklet we will discover the geometry of the
soccer ball. But first we will analyze the geometry of some baskets
starting with baskets from Brazil and Mozambique.

Foreword-invitation: Maria do Carmo Santos Domite & Rodrigo Guimarães
Abreu, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil;
Linguistic revision: Christian Cardenas, Rutgers University, Newark NJ, USA.

Here is the link to the book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/world-cup-soccer-and-basketry-worldwide/14629955

Here is the link to the eBook:
http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/world-cup-soccer-and-basketry-worldwide/14630891

Please, forward this announcement to those that may be interested.

Best regards,

Paulus Gerdes

Mozambican Ethnomathematics Research Center
& ISTEG-University, Boane, Mozambique
(Paulus.Gerdes at gmail.com)