[Maths-Education] International Mathematics Education for the Future Conference 2014, Montenegro

Alan Rogerson alan at rogerson.pol.pl
Sun Jun 2 13:21:31 BST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Please note my email address has changed from alan at rogerson.pol.pl
<mailto:alan at rogerson.pol.pl> to alan at cdnalma.poznan.pl
<mailto:alan at cdnalma.poznan.pl>

Preliminary Notice and Call for Papers:
International Mathematics Education for the Future Conference 2014,
Montenegro.

Dear friends,

We have just completed a successful site inspection at Hunguest Hotel
Sun Resort in Herceg Novi, Montenegro, who have offered us the very best
terms and conditions for our next international conference in 2014 from
Sunday Sep 21st (arrival day only with Welcome Reception) to Friday, Sep
26th (departure day only).

There will be four working days including a half day excursion to the
nearby UNESCO World Heritage old town of Dubrovnik.

The hotel is in the most favoured and beautiful bay along the Balkan
Adriatic coast and is easily accessible from Dubrovnik airport in
Croatia and Tivot airport in Montenegro.  Catch a glimpse of paradise
at:
http://www.hunguesthotels.hu/en/hotel/herceg_novi/hunguest_hotel_sun_resort/
<http://www.hotelsunresort.hunguesthotels.com> .

The title/theme of the conference will be: The Future of Mathematics
Education in a Connected World.

Our eleven previous conferences since 1999, held by the Maths Education
into the 21st Century Project, were renowned for their friendly and
productive atmosphere, and were attended by many innovative /movers and
shakers/ from around the world. We now welcome proposals for papers and
workshops in all areas of innovation in mathematics, science, computing
and statistics education.

We would especially like to help research students/lecturers by offering
free double-blind peer review for formal research papers sent to us in
good time by registered participants. Please indicate below if you are
interested in this possibility and I will send you full details of
deadlines. The Proceedings will be published as a DVD for each
participant, and will also be available on-line. In addition there is a
possibility of selected papers being published as a book after the
conference.

The Early Bird Registration Fee (before February 1st, 2014) will be (per
person) 355 euro for double/twin share and 420 euro for single
accommodation. This will cover all conference documents and social
events, five nights B&B accommodation and all meals and coffee/tea
breaks, except on two evenings participants will be free to enjoy dinner
at the local waterfront restaurants and in the charming old town of
Herceg Novi.

Thank you to all who sent us previous feedback, it would be most helpful
now to hear from you if you are planning to attend. If so please reply
to this email at alan at cdnalma.poznan.pl <mailto:alan at rogerson.pol.pl>
with answers below:

I plan to attend definitely.......... probably..........,
possibly...........

I am planning to present a paper with the provisional
title......................................... and would be interested
in double blind peer review, please indicate Yes or No..........

The First Announcement will be sent to you later and will contain full
conference details.

We look forward to meeting you in Montenegro next year!

Best wishes,
Alan

Dr. Alan Rogerson
D.Phil (Oxon), M.Sc., B.Sc., B.A. (Lon), Dip.Ed., Cert. Ed. (Cantab).
International Coordinator of the Mathematics Education for the Future
Project