[Maths-Education] Maths-Art seminars at London Knowledge Lab, 13 June, A Whistlestop Tour of Mathematics and Art

Phillip Kent phillip.kent at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 01:45:14 BST 2013

** PLEASE CIRCULATE ** ALL WELCOME **

A Whistlestop Tour of Mathematics and Art
An LKL Maths-Art seminar
Thursday 13th June 2013, 6.00 - 7.30pm

We are sorry to announce that Jonty Hurwitz is unable to give his talk
planned for the June meeting, and we look forward to his presentation in
the autumn.

So for the final meeting of this session, we would like to show
highlights from the Bridges Maths & Art Conference gallery submissions
and also look at the work of prominent members of the Bridges community.
[http://gallery.bridgesmathart.org/exhibitions/2013-Bridges-Conference]
The Bridges Conference 2013 will be held in The Netherlands, 27-31 July
[http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2013/]. The Family Day on 28 July has
free admission with lots of great things to do.

This will also be a discussion meeting to look for ideas for our
seminars in 2013-2014. So if you have any favourites you think we should
know about or you have a contribution to propose please email us at
lkl.maths.art at gmail.com . We do expect after the meeting to transfer to
a local venue for liquid refreshment and continuing discussion :-)

TIME: 6.00 to 7.30pm
PLACE: London Knowledge Lab, 23-29 Emerald St, London, WC1N 3QS
[Travel information & maps at: http://bit.ly/LKL-MathsArt-venue ]

Next seminars: Re-start in September.

*LKLMathsArt on YouTube: Archive of videos
from the Maths-Art seminars. http://www.youtube.com/user/LKLMathsArt

*Visit the website and seminar archive:
http://www.lkl.ac.uk/events/maths-art
*Join the email list for future seminar announcements: