[Maths-Education] 'Official' reports related to maths ed: what are the big messages (blog)

Marie Joubert marievjoubert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 15:07:26 GMT 2013

Dear colleagues

I'm very interested in the large numbers of 'official' reports that have
come out in the past couple of years. Vorderman, RSA, various ACME, a few
Nuffields, some governmental, British Academy, RSS, some STEM .... I've
collected 29 in all.

I am trying to understand what these reports are saying overall and [later]
to work out how they may or may not be influencing how maths ed is being
taken forward. It's work in progress, and I am thinking that many of you
will have important insights and information that could contribute to an
overall understanding (which I am suggesting will be useful for the whole
community).

So I am inviting you to have a look at my multi-paged experimental
blog<http://www.mathsreports.wordpress.com>which is designed to gather
comments - and to comment if you have anything
to contribute.

I will be presenting on my project at the next
BSRLM<http://www.bsrlm.org.uk/nextmeeting.html>on March 2nd in
Bristol.

Here's the address for the blog:
www.mathsreports.wordpress.com