[Maths-Education] Lectureship in mathematics education at the Institute of Education, University of London

David Pratt D.Pratt at ioe.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 12:52:11 BST 2012

The following post will appear in the Guardian online from Monday:
http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/

It may interest you or a colleague.

The IOE, University of London, is a leading centre for initial and continuing teacher education, research and development. We have an exceptional track record in training teachers, and in innovating within a fast-changing field.

The IOE is looking to make up to eleven new appointments with an initial teacher education focus. This is an opportunity to join one of the world’s most vibrant centres for teacher education and to contribute to the development of the next generation of teachers in the UK and beyond. We want to make sure that IOE remains at the cutting edge of work, in close partnership with schools. Our ambitions are wide-ranging: we see teacher education as integral to the work of the Institute as a world leader in research and teaching, and essential to the country’s future, especially the future aspirations of children.

We are seeking staff in the following areas who can help us train outstanding teachers, who are committed to education and social justice, and who wish to develop their own academic careers.

Lectureships (with a focus on Secondary Initial Teacher Education) in Mathematics Education (Job ref: 8AC-CLCPA-5159)

Dave

Dave Pratt
Professor of Mathematics Education
Faculty Director for Research