[Maths-Education] Early algebra references

Jodie Hunter jodie.hunter at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 15:48:17 GMT 2011

Hi
I have been undertaking classroom based research in the area of early algebra with KS1 and KS2 children in the UK. I am interested in any references for research studies or reports in the area of early algebra with primary children in the UK or Europe - I am interested in work across a range of areas such as the links between arithmetic and algebra, functional reasoning and classroom practices which support children to engage in early algebraic reasoning. I have ample research reports and papers from the USA and would appreciate any suggestions for UK or European studies to widen my literature review.

Thanks for your help.

Jodie Hunter

Lecturer in Mathematics Education
University of Plymouth