[Maths-Education] Re: patterns using a continuous variable?

Walter Whiteley whiteley at mathstat.yorku.ca
Thu Jul 7 23:31:01 BST 2011

Kate
	Does my work on working on geometric patterns for  rate of change and
optimization through the PopCorn Box (paper to appear the Mathematics
Teacher) fit this genre?
	I have worked with that material with groups ranging from Grade 9
students through university students to teachers and mathematics
educators.  I recently developed a larger sequence (extending the
conceptual blending) which I will be piloting in a professional
development workshop at the end of August (and hope to collect more
data on).

Walter Whiteley