[Maths-Education] concentric and congruent circles

Shelley Walsh shelleywalsh at mac.com
Fri Jan 29 13:10:37 GMT 2010

Interesting seeing the various perspectives on 1 being a prime. I
usually take the historical perspective that when people first
starting being interested in primes and composites 1 was not
considered to be a number. I think there is an extent that we all can
identify with of one not being a number in the sense that the other
whole numbers are. It's singular, not plural, even our grammar makes
the distinction. One is the unit out of which all the numbers are made
of. That's why it isn't composite either. It's a different kind of
critter. It's not in the game.