[Maths-Education] Doug French - sad news

Peter Gates Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 23 16:01:42 BST 2009

Dear all,

We are sad to tell you that Doug died on Monday afternoon. He was very pleased to come home from hospital and spent his last few days with his family around him. The end was very peaceful.

Julia, Linda and Mark

The funeral will take place at 4:30pm on Friday 25th September at Chanterlands Crematorium, Chanterlands Avenue, Hull HU5 4ES. Afterwards you are welcome back to Thornhill, North Dalton, East Yorkshire, YO25 9XA.

We would prefer you not to wear black and no flowers please.

We would like include anyone who knew Doug, so please pass this news and invitation on to all.

Donations for the "Home Farm Trust" or the "Kapani School Fund" (to support Mfuwe school in Zambia) to Henry Naylor (Funeral Directors) Ltd., Easterfield House, 1 New Road, Driffield, YO25 5DL.

We would like to create a book of memories. If you would like to contribute an anecdote about Doug, or a picture, please send them to brewerton at aol.com or to Linda Brewerton at 46 Wyke Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 7NP, or bring it along on Friday.