[Maths-Education] International Directory of Mathematics Educators

Alan Rogerson alan at rogerson.pol.pl
Tue Oct 27 14:18:27 GMT 2009

Dear Peter and all members of your List,

Just a short progress report after two days of looking after the Directory.

The webpage is up and running well it seems. Quite a few people have
already sent entries, many thanks, and most of these have already been
successfully uploaded to both the country and main files, but it would
be helpful to double check your new (or old!) entry and let me know if
there are any errors and omissions.

In general we hope to upload entries within a day of receipt, except for
occasional delays caused by conferences, travel, holidays etc.

I realised that I should have requested everyone to kindly send me their
entries in exactly the standard format that we use in the Directory.
This is not because of any laziness or pedantry on our part, but there
is always a danger with cutting and pasting and formatting that an error
may creep into your entry. In addition the entry is and should be
"owned" by you.

The standard format in the Directory is all in one line:  [ surname or
family name, given name(s), email address, postal address(es), telephone
number(s) (and URL(s) if you wish) ]

Please follow this example precisely in its formatting:

Gates, Peter, _peter.gates at nottingham.ac.uk_, Centre for the Study of
Mathematics Education; School of Education; University of Nottingham;
Jubilee Campus; Nottingham NG8 1BB; UK; (+44) (0) 115 951 4432; Fax:
(+44) (0) 115 846 6600;
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/education/staff/pgates/htm

Please also make it clear if you are updating an exisiting entry or
sending a new one, and let us know if you have information if someone
else is no longer in University X or in Country X, this information can
be added as a note to the relevant entry and hopefully the person
concerned will update their entry.

Looking forward to getting more entries, and thanks to all of you for
your patience and cooperation.

Best wishes,
Alan