[Maths-Education] FW: Research in Mathematics Education - first issue in press!

Gates Peter Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Feb 16 18:58:34 GMT 2008

-----------------------------

		 Research in Mathematics Education

		(Routledge, www.informaworld.com/rme
<http://www.informaworld.com/rme> ):

		first issue in press!

		We are pleased to announce that the first issue of
Research in Mathematics Education is now in press and expected to appear
in March 2008.

		RME is an international English language journal,
publishing original refereed articles on all aspects of mathematics
education. The journal has three sections, covering research papers,
book reviews and current reports. RME  is the official journal of the
British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics and the current
reports section contains short summaries of research papers which have
been recently published in the online informal proceedings of the BSRLM
conferences. This first issue is numbered Vol 10, No 1 (volumes 1-9 are
a series of edited books containing peer-reviewed extended versions of
papers presented at the Society's conferences). We are particularly
pleased to be able to say that, apart from their high quality, the
contents of 10(1) are substantively, methodologically and geographically
very diverse. The issue contains five research papers, 10 current
reports and one book review. The research papers are:

		'I would rather die': reasons given by 16-year-olds for
not continuing their study of mathematics

		Margaret Brown, Peter Brown, and Tamara Bibby

		The capacity of two Australian eighth-grade textbooks
for promoting proportional reasoning

		Shelley Dole and Mal Shield

		'If you can count to ten you can count to infinity
really': fostering

		conceptual mathematical thinking in the first year of
primary school

		Paola Iannone and Anne D. Cockburn

		Student perspectives on the relationship between a curve
and its

		tangent in the transition from Euclidean Geometry to
Analysis

		Irene Biza, Constantinos Christou, and Theodossios
Zachariades

		The role of affect in learning real analysis: a case
study

		Keith Weber

		There will be two issues of RME per year, in March and
September. You can find more information about the journal at
www.informaworld.com/rme <http://www.informaworld.com/rme> .

		Send submissions and write to the Editors at:
rme at uea.ac.uk .

		With best wishes.

		Elena Nardi and (also on behalf of) Tim Rowland

		Editors

		Research in Mathematics Education

With many thanks,

Elena

Dr Elena Nardi

Reader in Mathematics Education

UEA-EDU, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK

www.uea.ac.uk/~m011, Tel: + 441603592631

Editor, Research in Mathematics Education (Routledge,
www.informaworld.com/rme)