[Maths-Education] Mathematics Works 2007

Pam Bye Pam.Bye at ima.org.uk
Fri Oct 12 12:58:41 BST 2007

THE INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS

MATHEMATICS WORKS 2007

THE ROYAL SOCIETY, LONDON

*************

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE STILL SPACES AVAILABLE AT THE ABOVE CONFERENCE

This one day conference is primarily aimed at teachers to show a
selection of the many applications of mathematics in the world of work.
This conference is lead by the IMA Schools Committee members Chris
Belsom and Darren Barton, and seeks to provide materials for enrichment
for students.

Perhaps the best advert that I can provide for the day is some feedback
from last year's conference.

"The Maths Works Conference offered an excellent opportunity for
mathematics educators to begin to get to grips with some of the ways
mathematics is used in the workplace. A range of presentations from
industrial, public sector and academic users of mathematics gave
delegates a fascinating insight into mathematics at work. I look forward
with enthusiasm to the next conference in the series." MEI Programme
Leader (Industry).

Full details on the conference webpage at
http://www.ima.org.uk/Conferences/mathsworks07.htm
<http://www.ima.org.uk/Conferences/mathsworks07.htm>
<http://www.ima.org.uk/Conferences/mathsworks07.htm
<http://www.ima.org.uk/Conferences/mathsworks07.htm> >