[Maths-Education] FW: A fund for Leone

Gates Peter Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 19:32:51 GMT 2007

Sent on behalf of Steve Lerman and Barbara Jaworski

Dear friends,
Following a conversation between Mark Burton and the two of us, and in
response to a question asked by many of us, we have decided to put
together a fund to acknowledge and honour Leone's huge contribution to
mathematics education.
In our field Leone is especially remembered for her work with doctoral
students. So many of the e-mail messages that were circulated via
Mark's list were from doctoral students remembering her with such
fondness and appreciation. We thought, therefore, that the best way to
pay tribute to her is to organise an annual event, or scholarship to
do with supporting doctoral students. We are in conversation with the
Chair and Executive committee of the British Society for Research in
Learning Mathematics in order to finalise a suitable event. In the
meantime they have agreed to 'host' the collection.
If you would like to make a donation to this tribute please make
cheques payable to BSRLM and send them to either of us.
Steve and Barbara

Professor Stephen Lerman
Department of Education
London South Bank University