[Maths-Education] London Knowledge Lab/Institute of Education seminar- 16 March: Exploring, Learning and Creating

Phillip Kent phillip.kent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:15:51 GMT 2006

REMINDER - THIS WEEK ---

*Exploring, learning and creating - Creativity across mathematics and art

*John Sharp
Visiting Fellow, London Knowledge Lab

Not everyone learns the same way. Much of my work in mathematics overlaps
with my need to explore new ideas and to be creative both artistically and
in 'pure' mathematics. I would like to explore the way I learn in this
context and ask if there are lessons which others could benefit from.
(John Sharp is a chemist by training. After working in the chemical industry
he changed career to being a technical author. He is a lifelong amateur
mathematician, particularly working in the area of geometry, and mathematics
populariser and teacher. He has also been involved with computers and art
since the 1960s. Currently, John is the editor of "Infinity", a new popular
mathematics magazine launched in 2005 by Tarquin Publications.)

Thursday 16 March 2006, 5pm-6.30pm

Room 903
Institute of Education
20 Bedford Way