[Maths-Education] future conferences

Alan Rogerson arogerson at inetia.pl
Sun Jan 22 13:50:53 GMT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

We hope you will be interested in attending one or more of our next
international conferences and we would be most grateful if you could
publicise the Preliminary Notices below in any relevant Journals, Reviews,
Newsletters or email lists that you know of.

Thanks and Best wishes

Alan Rogerson

Chairman of the International Programme Committee

1) LEBANON 2006
Marj Henningsen and Madeleine Long, in cooperation with our project,  are
planning an International Symposium to be held at the American University of
Beirut, Lebanon with the theme of: "Policy and Practice in Mathematics and
Science Teaching and Learning in the Elementary Grades"
The proposed dates are:
November 8th, 2006:  Arrival and Welcome Reception
November 9/10, 2006:  International Symposium "Policy and Practice in
Mathematics and Science Teaching and Learning in the Elementary Grades"
After the Symposium participants are warmly welcomed to stay on for:
November 11/12, 2006: Lebanese Mathematics Teachers National Conference
(500+ teachers!)

2) USA 2007
9th International Conference of The Mathematics Education into the 21st
Century Project
September 7 - 13, 2007
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
(Hilton Charlotte University Place)

Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers

The Mathematics Education into the 21st Century Project has just completed
its eighth successful international conference in Malaysia, following
conferences in Egypt, Jordan, Poland, Australia, Sicily, Czech Republic and
Poland. Our project was founded in 1986 and is dedicated to the planning,
writing and disseminating of innovative ideas and materials in Mathematics
and Statistics Education. The next conference is planned for September 7 -
13, 2007 in Charlotte, North Carolina. The chairman of the Local Organising
Committee is Dr. David K. Pugalee, of the University of North Carolina
Charlotte. The conference will open with an evening welcome reception on
Friday, Sep 7th and finishes with lunch on Sep 13th.

The title of the conference is "Mathematics Education In A Global
Community". Papers are invited on all innovative aspects of mathematics
education. There will be an additional social programme for accompanying
persons. Our conferences are renowned for their friendly and productive
working atmosphere. They are attended by innovative teachers and mathematics
educators from all over the world, 25 countries were represented at our last
conference for example!

3) GERMANY 2008
Just to alert you to the dates of our 10th Project Conference, to be held in
the historic and beautiful city of Dresden, Germany from Fri., 12.09.2008 to
Thu., 18.09.2008 The theme of the conference will be Models in Developing
Mathematics Education
The chairman of the Local Organising Committee will be Prof. Dr. Ludwig
Paditz of the Dresden University of Applied Sciences. It is hoped to
organise the
conference in cooperation with his university and with the local Saxony
Ministry of Education.

For ALL further conference details please email arogerson at vsg.edu.au.