[Maths-Education] Has the National Strategy for KS 3 changed teaching?

Hamsa Venkat maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:13:10 -0000

Ofsted have carried out annual evaluations of the KS3 Strategy including a
focus on maths and English. The link for the latest press release and
evaluation is below:

 http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=news.details&id=1538

Stoll, Stobart et al did the official evaluation of the pilots of the KS3
Strategy:
Preparing for Change: Evaluation of the Implementation of the Key Stage 3
Strategy Pilot
Dfes, Feb 2003

The ATL commissioned a study of the maths and English pilots of the KS3
Strategy. The refs are below:

Furlong,T., Venkatakrishnan,H. & Brown.M Key Stage 3 National Strategy: An
evaluation of the strategies for literacy and mathematics - An interim
report, ATL, 2001
and:
Barnes,A., Venkatakrishnan,H. & Brown.M Strategy or Straitjacket? Teachers'
views on the English and mathematics strands of the Key Stage 3 National
Strategy: Final Report, ATL, 2003

Hamsa Venkat