[Maths-Education] Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Mathematics Education at University of Plymouth

Ted Graham maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:53:25 -0000

University of Plymouth

Faculty of Technology

SCHOOL OF MATHEMATICS & STATISTICS

Lectureship in Mathematics Education Ref: 5534/TECH

The School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Plymouth, =
invites applications for a full-time lectureship in the area of =
Mathematics Education.  The successful applicant will contribute to our =
work in the following areas:

	*	Research within the areas of interest of the existing group - =
technology in mathematics teaching, conceptual understanding in =
mechanics and students' beliefs about mathematics;

*	Supervision of research degree students;

	*	Teaching, particularly on the Mathematics with Education degree.

We are looking for a person with demonstrated or potential excellence in =
research in mathematics education who can also contribute to the =
teaching within the School. The successful applicant will also be =
expected to make applications to research funding councils to develop =
further the work of the School.

Further particulars and an application form are available from Personnel =
and Development, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8AA, UK =
(Tel: +44 (0) 1752 232180, e-mail: personnel@plymouth.ac.uk ) quoting =
Ref: 5534/TECH.  Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Ted Graham on +44 =
(0) 1752 232773 or e-mail ted.graham@plymouth.ac.uk=20

Ted Graham
Centre for Teaching Mathematics
University of Plymouth