[Maths-Education] ICME TA-E proposals sought

maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:47:34 +0200

Dear Paul

You probably do not know me, but we met at the University of Cape Town while I
was working for the Mathematics Education Project.  I am now working for a
publishing company Maskew Miller Longman and my new address is
mthunzi@mml.co.za

I wonder if you could help.  I was very much interested in the work you
presented together with Adam Vile on Semiotics while I was visiting the UK, and
I also had the opportunity to attend BSRLM, if I have it correctly.  I would
like look into Semiotics in our textbooks, but looking at three main textbooks
that are best sellers in this Country, but limiting it only to the development
of meaning in geometry.

Can you assist me here or can you let me know how to get hold of Adam.  I am
doing a research project for my masters degree.

Thanking you in anticipation

Mthunzi Nxawe
Mathematics Publisher