[Maths-Education] Request: references about the history of averages

Mark S. BOYLAN(EDS) maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:41:14 +0100

Thanks to everyone who sent me references or suggestions either to the
list or to me personally, l much appreciated

>Would it cause problems for your initial hypothesis if I said that I,
>and I think most Secondary school teachers in this part of the country
>(could be wrong here:), normally list them as mean, mode and median?
>
>Regards
>
>Harry Merrick
>School of Education
>University of Paisley

Becuase of the rhythm of the different accents or becuase of deep and
significant cultural differences in the two nations?
Or a mystery?

Mark