[Maths-Education] The resource for the course

Graham Griffiths GGriffiths@candi.ac.uk
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:06:25 +0100

It may be possible to find questions which are "non-routine" but the problem
is in the responses from students.
One student may find the problem "interesting" and challenging while another
may simply flounder.
It is certainly my personal experience of mathematics that some
"interesting" questions could be (re)solved relatively easily while others
were more or less impossible. Particularly in a timed situation.