[Maths-Education] Fw: ERME 2002 Summer School

Barbara Jaworski barbara.jaworski@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:48:11 -0000

Please see the following message from Paulo Boreo concerning an ERME
[European Society for Research in Mathematics Education] Summer School for
New Researchers in Mathematics Education

> [...]
do
> AS SOON AS POSSIBLE what you can, in order to disseminate the First
> Announcement amongst all M.A., Ph.D and Post-Doc students in the field of
> Mathematics Education, and other people entering mathematics education
> research as well.
> Thank you very much for your help!
> Best wishes,
> Paolo Boero

>                   ERME 2002 SUMMER SCHOOL
>         Klagenfurt (Austria), August, 23-27, 2002
>
>                     FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT
>
> The ERME Board, YERME and ADM
> (for details, see at the end)
>
> are happy to invite all people engaged in the apprenticeship of
> mathematics education research
> (in particular, Ph. D. students, but also M.A. students, post-graduate
> students and other people entering the field)
> to take part in the first ERME Summer School.
>
> AIMS OF THE SCHOOL:
> Coherently with the ERME Manifesto, the aims of the School are:
> - to let people from different countries meet and establish a friendly
> and cooperative style of work in the field of mathematics education
> research, in the perspective of a future European research community;
> - to let people compare and integrate their preparation in the field of
> mathematics education research in a peer discussion climate and with the
> help of highly qualified and differently oriented experts;
> - to let people present their research ideas, theoretical difficulties,
> methodological problems, and preliminary research results, in order to get
> suggestions (from other participants and experts) about possible
> developments, different perspectives, etc. and open the way to possible
> connections with near
> research subjects and cooperation with researchers in other countries.
>
> PERIOD: Friday, August 23 - Tuesday, August 27 2002 (5 days, with one
>  half-day excursion; people are expected to arrive on August, 22 evening
and
> leave on August, 27 evening or August, 28 morning)
>
> PLACE: University of Klagenfurt.
>
> ACCOMODATION: there are three possibilities, all at walking distance from
> the Summer School place:
>
>  * a comfortable, cheap Hotel, with special prices for University: Double
> rooms (including breakfast) Euro 31,-- p. person/p. night
>
>  * a comfortable Student Hostel ( prices 2001! prices 2002 are not known)
> Twin bedded rooms only: Euro 11,-- (no breakfast!!) p. person/p. Night
>
>  * a Youth Hostel (4-person-rooms only: Euro 16,30 - including rich
> breakfast
>  buffet) p. person/p. night If there are not too many guests in this
period
>  there is a good chance to get 4-persons-rooms for 2-3 participants).
>
> 20 beds have been already reserved in each place.
>  Meals could be taken at the University Restaurant (5/6 Euros each)
>
> ORGANISING COMMITTEE: 2 ERME BOARD representatives (P.Boero and
K.Krainer),