[Maths-Education] National curricula

Steve & Kelly Mazerolle mazerolle@sympatico.ca
Sat, 03 Nov 2001 14:13:51 -0500

Corinne Angier wrote:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> I wonder if anyone can help me.  I am trying to find examples on the
> web of national curricula from round the world so that my ITE students
> can compare and contrast.  Any useful links would be much
> appreciated.
> I have found a Canadian site and I would be very grateful if somebody
> could tell me what age school students are if they are in grade 9 in
> Ontario!  Thankyou.
> =

> Corinne Angier
> Maths Education Centre
> Sheffield Hallam University
> c.f.angier@shu.ac.uk

Hello from Canada!

When you are in grade 9, in Ontario, the student should be 14-15 years
old.

In Qu=E9bec, we are reforming the entire educational system and so far, w=
got, last august, the official curricula for the primary level, until
grade 6, that you can consult on the official web page of the ministry
of education <<http://www.meq.gouv.qc.ca/>>  We are expecting the new
curricula for grade 7-8-9 before the beginning of september 2002 and we
should implement it officially for the school year 2003-2004.

Best regards,

Steve Mazerolle, B.A., M.T.M.
1825, Gilles-Lupien
Trois-Rivi=E8res (Qc)