[Maths-Education] computer programs for primary maths

Maposa welbeck@africaonline.co.zw
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:21:21 +0200

PLEASE COPY TO OTHERS IN YOUR GROUP WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED

Dear Maths/Science Enthusiast

			York  Maths  and  Science  FunFair

Please join us on December 12th for a  free buffet dinner  and to discuss
this exciting concept with opportunities for you and your organisation:
=D8 Build on recent successes e.g. the  4th York Maths FunFair  attended =
by
2500 people.
=D8 Link with new local and national projects such as the DfEE Year of Sc=
ience
and Maths Year 2000 continuation project(s).
=D8 Extend local and national partnerships with funding bodies, voluntary
organisations, businesses, funders, schools, colleges etc..

If you or your colleagues are interested in an enjoyable networking event
with congenial people, to explore these funding and learning opportunitie=
s,
then please come along.
	When?    Tuesday December 12th,   4.30 for 5pm
	Where?   Priory Street Centre,  Priory Street,  York  (Main Hall).
There will also be opportunities to develop ideas about other aspects of
science learning in York - e.g. the  York Interactive Science Museum, and=
new York SciMaths Forum for occasional informal meetings to discuss matte=
rs
related to maths and science.

Please copy this letter for your noticeboard(s) and friends, and mention =
it
to anyone who might be interested.  Please return the enclosed form for
catering purposes and if you are interested in these ideas, even if you
cannot attend on December 12th, so we can put you on our mailing list.

Thank you and best wishes.

Lewis Pike,   John Bibby

P.S.  This meeting has support from Peter Dawson and John Sharpe, York
Science and Maths Advisors, and from York Science City, but is independen=
of them  You may also be interested to know that Simon Singh (presenter o=
the TV series "Science of Secrecy") is at Waterstones at 7 pm on Tuesday =
5th
December. His talk is sponsored by Maths Year 2000 and we have tickets if
you are interested (or phone Waterstones on 628740).

MEETING   OUTLINE
When?    Tuesday December 12th,   4.30 for 5pm
Where?   Priory Street Centre,  Priory Street,  York  (Main Hall).
 (near Micklegate Bar,  nearest car park Nunnery Lane;  our mobile phones=
 on
the day: 07776 308556 and  07946 373562)

Timetable:
	4.30 pm 	Tea/coffee/informal presentations
	5 pm 		Meeting: discuss York Maths and Science FunFair, proposed York
Science Museum, Year of Science and other items of interest to those
present.
	(After four successful FunFairs,  we are currently re-thinking all aspec=
ts
including:
		=A8 Do we now need different, larger, city-centre venues?
		=A8 Should we expand to cover all areas of learning =85 or all areas of
Yorkshire?
		=A8 Who else is "out there" who may be interested in working with us?)
	6pm		Buffet meal/drinks/informal followup
	c. 7.30		Followup drinks at The Golden Ball Pub,  Cromwell Road, York

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Please    FaxBack    to     01904-424381
or post to:    David Naylor,   Freepost MatheMagic,   York YO31 1EB
or email to davidnaylor@mathemagic.org

Name:

Position:

Address:

Postcode:

Phone:						Fax:

E-mail:

Please tick the following where applicable:

c    I plan to attend the meeting on Tuesday 12th December at Priory Stre=
et
Centre.

c    I will also be bringing ____ other people with me.      (Please stat=
any vegetarian or other options.)

c    Please send  ____ tickets for Simon Singh's Waterstones talk on 5th
December.

Please send details of:

c    How to get  to the Priory Street Centre.

c    How I can get involved in developing educational FunFairs etc..

c    I would/would not like to be a part of the core team organising this
event

c    If you have any information you would like disseminated at the meeti=
ng
or via these mailings, then please let us know.

c    I would like the meeting to consider the following ideas:
(Continue overleaf if needed):