[Maths-Education] Mathematics Education Review

Pat Perks P.A.Perks@bham.ac.uk
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:48:11 +0000 [GMT]

                    Mathematics Education Review

  The Journal of the Association of Mathematics Education Teachers

We hope that this journal will become a much more important source of
sharing reflection on our practice in mathematics education.  MER  11 and
MER 12 have included examples which describe and analyse what we do.
We need to build on this, to develop a strong forum for the pedagogy of
mathematics education.  Articles could include:
BPRS=96 how are those working in Maths Ed working with teachers.
Modularschemes
FastTrack Pilots
GraduateTeacher routes
Use of ICT
Auditingsubject knowledge
eventhe dreaded numeracy test
We need to build a framework to add to the scholarship of teaching and
learning. We need to write about the practice of Mathematics Education
Teaching in order to analyse that practice.
HMI Cliff Gould stated at UCET meeting that HE had been bad at saying
what is good practice in teacher training =96=96 MER can offer the environ=
ment
to so do!

But we need you to write and share your good practice.

Your first opportunity is December 15th.
Due to the late delivery of MER 12, the copy date for MER 13 is now
December 15th.  If you have an article which describes your practice as a
mathematics teacher educator, please send your article to:
Professor Sylvia Johnson
Editor MER
School of Education
Sheffield Hallam University
36 Collegiate Crescent
Sheffield  S10 2BQ

Short pieces are also welcome.
Please send 3 printed copies plus an electronic version, details at the ba=
ck
of MER.

Your next opportunity is February 1st 2001
Articles for MER 14 should be submitted by February 1st to
Pat Perks and Stephanie Prestage
School of Education
The University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT

Make MER the place to share our good practice =96 let=92s show the TTA, Df=
EE
etc that we know what we are talking about when it comes to teaching
teachers about mathematics.

Dr Pat Perks                        email:   P.A.Perks@bham.ac.uk
School of Education                 phone:  (+44) 121 414 4814
The University of Birmingham
Birmingham    B15 2TT
UK