REPLY: Re: [Maths-Education] Internett - distance education

Paul Ernest P.Ernest@exeter.ac.uk
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:44:19 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

For info. See details MEd and EdD in maths ed available by=20
DL via my homepage (below)

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:45:03 -0500 Geoffrey Akst=20
<akst@idt.net> wrote:

>          Hello, Norway!  A committee has been formed by the American=20
> Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) to focus on the=20
> issue of DL in math.  The contact person is Nancy Sattler=20
> (nsattler@terra.cc.oh.us, nancy1950@hotmail.com).  I'm a humble member of=
=20
> this committee, and am very interested in the subject.  Also, you might=
=20
> want to write to Jodi Cotten (JodiCotten@mail.sunyjcc.edu) who is teachin=
g=20
> several math DL courses this term at her college and is an excellent=20
> resource.  I am taking the liberty of cc:ing this message to both Nancy a=
nd=20
> Jodi.
>=20
>          I'd be grateful if you spot any math DL courses on the Web that=
=20
> you think highly of.  I'm always on the lookout for same.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Geoff Akst
>=20
>=20
> At 05:10 PM 11/1/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >************************************************************************=
***=20
> >***** This message has been generated through the Mathematics Education=
=20
> >email discussion list. Hitting the REPLY key sends a message to all list=
=20
> >members.=20
> >************************************************************************=
***=20
> >*****
> >I am interested in any research, reports, articles  or ongoing research=
=20
> >concerning the use on Internet for distance education in mathematics, or=
=20
> >perhaps combined distance /on campus teaching  Perhaps you know of repor=
ts=20
> >or articles awailable on the Internet?  I would be very happy to receive=
=20
> >good advices where to look.
> >
> >Best wishes
> >Anne Berit Fuglestad
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
> >Anne Berit Fuglestad,  Institutt for Matematiske fag
> >H=F8gskolen i Agder, Tordenskjoldsgt. 65,  Serviceboks 422,  4604=20
> >Kristiansand, Norway
> >Tel.    + 47  38 14 15 38               e-mail: Anne.B.Fuglestad@hia.no
> >Fax.   + 47  38 14 10=20
> >11                <http://home.hia.no/~annebf/>http://home.hia.no/~anneb=
f/
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Geoffrey Akst
> [...]

Paul

Paul Ernest              Phone: +44-1392-264857
University of Exeter     Secretary: +44-1392-264877
School of Education      Fax: +44-1392-264736
Heavitree Road           Email: p.ernest@ex.ac.uk
Exeter  EX1 2LU, UK      Web: http://www.ex.ac.uk/~PErnest/

The Philosophy of Mathematics Education Journal
No. 13 is now available at this website as is the=20
chapter "Why Teach Maths?" (cf. Guardian 3-10-00)