[Maths-Education] Internett - distance education

Geoffrey Akst akst@idt.net
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:45:03 -0500

--=====================_11686534==_.ALT

         Hello, Norway!  A committee has been formed by the American=20
Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) to focus on the=20
issue of DL in math.  The contact person is Nancy Sattler=20
(nsattler@terra.cc.oh.us, nancy1950@hotmail.com).  I'm a humble member of=20
this committee, and am very interested in the subject.  Also, you might=20
want to write to Jodi Cotten (JodiCotten@mail.sunyjcc.edu) who is teaching=
=20
several math DL courses this term at her college and is an excellent=20
resource.  I am taking the liberty of cc:ing this message to both Nancy and=
=20
Jodi.

         I'd be grateful if you spot any math DL courses on the Web that=20
you think highly of.  I'm always on the lookout for same.

Regards,

Geoff Akst

At 05:10 PM 11/1/00 +0100, you wrote:
>***************************************************************************=
=20
>***** This message has been generated through the Mathematics Education=20
>email discussion list. Hitting the REPLY key sends a message to all list=20
>members.=20
>***************************************************************************=
=20
>*****
>I am interested in any research, reports, articles  or ongoing research=20
>concerning the use on Internet for distance education in mathematics, or=20
>perhaps combined distance /on campus teaching  Perhaps you know of reports=
=20
>or articles awailable on the Internet?  I would be very happy to receive=20
>good advices where to look.
>
>Best wishes
>Anne Berit Fuglestad
>Anne Berit Fuglestad,  Institutt for Matematiske fag
>H=F8gskolen i Agder, Tordenskjoldsgt. 65,  Serviceboks 422,  4604=20
>Kristiansand, Norway
>Tel.    + 47  38 14 15 38               e-mail: Anne.B.Fuglestad@hia.no
>Fax.   + 47  38 14 10=20
>11                <http://home.hia.no/~annebf/>http://home.hia.no/~annebf/

Geoffrey Akst
Title III/Mathematics Department
Room S726
Borough of Manhattan Community College
199 Chambers Street
NY, NY 10007

(e) akst@idt.net
(v) 212/346-8823
(f)  646/349-1901=20
--=====================_11686534==_.ALT

        Hello,
Norway!  A committee has been formed by the American Mathematical
Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) to focus on the issue of DL in
math.  The contact person is Nancy Sattler (nsattler@terra.cc.oh.us,
nancy1950@hotmail.com).  I'm a humble member of this committee, and
am very interested in the subject.  Also, you might want to write to
Jodi Cotten (JodiCotten@mail.sunyjcc.edu) who is teaching several math DL
courses this term at her college and is an excellent resource.  I am
taking the liberty of cc:ing this message to both Nancy and Jodi.

        I'd be grateful if you spot any math DL courses on the Web that you think highly of.  I'm always on the lookout for same.

Regards,

Geoff Akst