[Maths-Education] Paul Harling memorial service

Appleton, Nigel n.appleton@ucsm.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:31:00 +0100

Further to my e-mail message of 6 April (below), a memorial service for Paul
Harling is to be held here at the Lancaster campus of St Martin's College on
Friday 16 June at 1200. Colleagues who knew and/or worked with Paul are
invited to join us and the family to remember and celebrate Paul's life. If
you wish to attend or require further details, please contact Kerry Roe on
(01524) 384312 k.roe@ucsm.ac.uk. Travel directions by road can be obtained
from the college website www.ucsm.ac.uk; by rail, come to Lancaster station
and take a taxi or 15 minute walk to the campus.

-----Original Message-----
From: Appleton, Nigel
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 12:33 PM
To: 'maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk'
Subject: Paul Harling

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that our colleague, Paul
Harling, Principal Lecturer and Co-ordinator of Primary Mathematics, died
suddenly yesterday at work.  Paul had been at St Martin's College for 15
years following a successful school teaching career, culminating in a
Headship.  He was Reviews Editor for Mathematics in School magazine and a
prolific author of Primary Mathematics books.

If you wish to pass messages of condolence to the family, please direct them
via
Neina Lennon
Secretary
Department of Maths/IT