[Xerte] Future Teacher webinar Fri 29th March 1pm and pre-event activity... "Wow I didn't know Xerte was capable of that!"

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 12:44:45 GMT 2019

Apologies for any cross posting

Hi all

Some of you may already know about and have signed up for the next Future
Teacher webinar on Friday 29th March 1pm (see full details below) and
whether you have or haven't we have a pre-event activity where we are asking
our various communities to share examples of effective e-learning e.g. What
e-learning resources have you come across (or created) that were very
effective and why were they effective? Or if you prefer share an example of
something that proved ineffective and explain why?

"Wow I didn't know Xerte was capable of that!"

This is a perfect opportunity for you to share and explore the best that
Xerte (or lesser tools) can offer so please visit our pre-event Padlet
https://padlet.com/futureteacher/effectiveresources and add your favourite
examples whether they are Xerte based or not.

Webinar details (Free as always):

It's not what you use, it's the way that you use it...  Future Teacher
webinar Friday 29th Mar 1pm

For centuries, humans have outsourced their brains. From clay tablets to
Ogham runes, papyrus rolls to the printing press we've made it possible to
learn new things and remember old things.

Online learning takes this to a whole new level. We can learn new things in
a multitude of new ways, learn with others, test ourselves, get feedback,
explore data patterns, make new knowledge and revise old knowledge. This
session looks at how an educator can exploit this. How can we design,
create, manage and deliver quality online resources? What skills do we need?
What tools do we need?

In this next Future Teacher webinar (Fri 29th March 13:00) we look at
designing and creating online learning activities and resources. We explore
some paradoxes -  that professionally produced resources can sometimes have
less impact than amateurish resources cobbled together with free kit; or
that online resources that fail with one group fly with another.

How vital is value-added? How primal is pedagogy? How crucial is creativity?
Join us in the exploration around 'not what you do but how you do it'.

Please register on https://xot.futureteacher.eu/play.php?template_id=4

If you have examples of online activities / resources that exceeded your
expectations - or bombed catastrophically - and you're happy to tell us what
you learned from it, we'd love to hear from you.

Ron, Alistair, Lilian