[Xerte] Extinction Rebellion for teaching and learning! Free Future Teacher webinar Fri 28th June 1pm

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 09:47:23 BST 2019

Apologies for any cross posting.

This session will be of particular interest to Xerte users.

The fossil record of digital learning is littered with brilliant resources
that shone for a moment but then sank into the sediment of obscurity.
Teaching environments change, terminology changes, curricula change but if
the learning resources can't adapt and evolve they go extinct. This applies
to teacher skills as well as resources.

This month's Future Teacher talk is our very own Extinction Rebellion for
digital learning - future proofing the future teacher. Friday 28th June 1pm

We'll explore how to

*	give teaching and learning resources (and teachers) the adaptability
they need to evolve, thrive and prosper;
*	how to challenge the 'throwaway culture' of corporate content and
*	how to take our own Future Teacher resources and interbreed them
with your own,
*	how to take our skills audit and adaptive learning tools and recycle
and repurpose them for your own purposes.

As always we'll be aiming for a rich biodiversity of input from research to
practice, accessibility implications and case studies.

If you have something to contribute - a successful project, a long lived
staff development culture etc - please let us know on list or offlist.

We're especially keen to hear from you if you have already re-used any of
our resources or have a plan to do so.

If you simply want to join us and get ideas and stimulation then register
for free at <http://bit.ly/ft30ukpage>  http://bit.ly/ft30ukpage. If you
want to preserve the legacy of your own skill and enthusiasm then bring a
colleague to (metaphorically) inherit your genes and resources.

Practicing good recycling!

Have you got an example of

1.	a resource you were able to reuse, revise, recycle or repurpose?
2.	a resource of yours that you've seen reused and repurposed by
others?

If so, please  <https://padlet.com/futureteacher/OERS> add it to our
pre-session padlet

Ron, Lilian, Alistair