[Xerte] Re: Cost/price for Xerte

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu May 1 09:33:34 BST 2014

Hi Douglas
firstly by coincidence I've just been looking at the issue you reported to
the Jisc Techdis helpdesk regarding your projects missing on the sanpit -
you'll find these ara available again - they were in the recycle bin!

Xerte is obviously free and open source and will hapilly sit on the same
server as your Moodle installation so you could argue there is no cost or
very little cost per designer/developer and Moodle + Xerte is a great
combination if used in an informed way. By that I mean using each for what
they are best at and making informed decisions about when and why to use
each including integration with other tools too.

In short I'd say it's a 'no-brainer' to use Xerte as part of the range of
options you provide to staff and learners especially given the accessibility
benefits. The cost comes with provided the initial and ongoing CPD and
support to help all users get the most out of Xerte - but then that applies
to all tools in use.

HTH
Ron